Empower your Health & Safety Representatives (HSRs) with effective training and support to fulfil their responsibilities and duties.
This course will provide your Health & Safety Representatives (HSR’s) with the knowledge and skills to address issues raised by workers and manage them to the satisfaction of stakeholders. HSR’s will be updated on their responsibilities, functions and powers according to the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and its
In accordance with the requirements to maintain Consent to Assess for the unit standards taught on this course, Safety ‘n Action had this course pre moderated and approved by our standard setting body, The Skills Organisation.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Explain and demonstrate the overall role, powers and functions of a Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace
- Explain the role, functions and powers of the Health and Safety Representative under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and its Regulations
- Explain the role of a Health and Safety Representative as an advocate for workers
- Identify the obligations of a PCBU and WorkSafe New Zealand towards the Health and Safety Representative
- Describe the risk management process and the importance of communicating with workers and management
- Describe and demonstrate the powers and obligations that a health and safety representative has in terms of issuing a provisional improvement notice (PIN) and how and when to direct a worker to cease unsafe work
All students are required to have a level of written and oral English equivalent to NCEA level 1 (year 11) or IELTS 5.5 or higher, to be eligible to attend our courses. The person responsible for making bookings or authorising attendance on the course must agree to these Terms and Conditions prior to acceptance of their student(s) onto the course. Where a student does not meet our English language requirement a reader/writer must be supplied by the student or the person responsible for authorising the student’s attendance. The reader/writer cannot be another student attending the same course.