Refresh your understanding of the legal requirements and management of proprietary height safety systems and procedures
This refresher course will guide you through the selection and inspection of various fall arrest systems and relevant ropes and knots. It also includes a series of practical exercises to reinforce your knowledge of the use, installation and disestablishment of proprietary height safety systems, anchor points, work positioning, restraint systems and developing and implementing a rescue plan.
To remain compliant with Health and Safety legislation and industry 'good practice' guidelines, students are generally required to refresh their training every two years. When booking a refresher course, Safety ’n Action will require evidence of the student's NZQA record of achievement displaying the relevant unit standard/s to the course they are attending.On successful completion of the course the students Go Safe card will be updated and reissued with a new refresher date. (Please note no unit standards will be uploaded to NZQA).
If students are unable to provide us with this information, they will need to attend a full course to gain the unit standard/s. Alternatively, if the student has completed prior training and does not hold the applicable NZQA unit standard/s, on request we can provide the student with an attendance certificate only.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Explain the legislative requirements and systems used for working at heights
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazards associated with wearing a safety harness and associated equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety harnesses and associated systems and equipment
- Check and fit a safety harness system
- Use a safety harness system where a fall hazard exists at height
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rescue plan to be activated in the event of a fall
- Identify the common types of height safety equipment used in the workplace
- Identify suitable height work equipment and suitable anchor points for fall and arrest systems
- Identify anchor points and prepare to install a temporary proprietary height safety systems
- Install horizontal and vertical temporary proprietary height safety systems
- Use and disestablish temporary proprietary height safety systems
- Use height safety equipment and plan rescue techniques and emergency procedures for working at height
- Practical reinforcement of the knowledge and skills obtained during the training
- If you did not complete your original training with Safety ‘n Action then we may require evidence of competency