This course will ensure you understand the essential roles involved in Fonterra’s Safe Work System, the mechanics of implementing the system and how to monitor its effectiveness in your role as a Permit Receiver. Practical application of permits, including worksite inspection, isolation requirements and permit auditing procedures, will reinforce learning and ensure you are confident in applying for or accepting a work permit.
Unit Standards - PR
Apply for, accept and carry out work according to a work permit in the workplace
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate the preparation requirements for receiving a permit including hazard analysis and supervisory requirements on site
- Explain procedures for deviations in terms of change of scope, new hazards, changes in personnel and reasons for cancellation
- Explain and demonstrate the action for completion of work and procedures for closure of permit
- Explain permit types, roles and requirements for receiving a permit and demonstrate the implementation of control systems
- Understand and explain the requirements of the Fonterra Safe Work System
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the JSAA form, and the Permit Form
- Describe the use of the risk matrix and its application within the JSAA
- Unit standard 17602: Apply hazard identification and risk assessment procedures in the workplace -or- unit standard 30265: Apply health and safety risk assessment to a job role
All students are required to have a level of written and oral English equivalent to NCEA level 1 (year 11) or IELTS 5.5 or higher, to be eligible to attend our courses. The person responsible for making bookings or authorising attendance on the course must agree to these Terms and Conditions prior to acceptance of their student(s) onto the course. Where a student does not meet our English language requirement a reader/writer must be supplied by the student or the person responsible for authorising the student’s attendance. The reader/writer cannot be another student attending the same course.