Gain a comprehensive understanding of Permit Receiver procedures to ensure you have the controls in place to safely and effectively complete the task.
This course will ensure you understand the essential roles involved in the Permit to Work system, the mechanics of implementing the system and how to monitor its effectiveness in your role as a Permit Receiver. Practical application of permits, including worksite inspection, isolation requirements and permit auditing procedures, will reinforce learning and ensure you are confident in applying for or accepting a work permit.
Note: this course is based on generic Safety 'n Action permits. If contracting to Fonterra it is recommended that you book onto a Permit Receiver - Safe Work Systems course.
In accordance with the requirements to maintain Consent to Assess for the unit standards taught on this course, Safety ‘n Action had this course pre moderated and approved by our standard setting body, The Skills Organisation.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Understand and explain the types of work permits
- Understand the roles of those involved in the work permit system
- Gain clarity on the requirements for receiving a work permit
- Explain the preparatory requirements when applying for a work permit
- Understand how to accept a work permit and undertake work under the permit
- Describe and carry out the controls and actions to be taken at the end of a work period or upon the completion of work
All students are required to have a level of written and oral English equivalent to NCEA level 1 (year 11) or IELTS 5.5 or higher, to be eligible to attend our courses. The person responsible for making bookings or authorising attendance on the course must agree to these Terms and Conditions prior to acceptance of their student(s) onto the course. Where a student does not meet our English language requirement a reader/writer must be supplied by the student or the person responsible for authorising the student’s attendance. The reader/writer cannot be another student attending the same course.