This online course will refresh your ability to identify and manage the level of risk associated with workplace hazards.
This is supported with the application of safe work practices - understanding the relevant procedures, implementing effective communication and identifying and managing corrective action’s where necessary. The course has been specifically designed for those people who have previously completed an NZQA accredited Hazard and Risk Management course.
To remain compliant with Health and Safety legislation and industry 'good practice' guidelines, students are generally required to refresh their training every two years. When booking a refresher course, Safety ’n Action will require evidence of the student's NZQA record of achievement displaying the relevant unit standard/s to the course they are attending.On successful completion of the course the students Go Safe card will be updated and reissued with a new refresher date. (Please note no unit standards will be uploaded to NZQA).
If students are unable to provide us with this information, they will need to attend a full course to gain the unit standard/s. Alternatively, if the student has completed prior training and does not hold the applicable NZQA unit standard/s, on request we can provide the student with an attendance certificate only.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the responsibilities for workplace health and safety according to the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
- Be able to explain the legislative requirements for risk management in the workplace
- Apply the risk management cycle within your workplace to identify hazards, assess risk, control the risks, monitor controls and review for continuous improvement
- Describe methods used to determine the effectiveness of controls such as audits , statistical analysis and accident/incident registers
- If you did not complete your original training with Safety ‘n Action then we may require evidence of competency