This course will ensure you understand the essential components of the Permit to Work system, the mechanics of implementing the system and how to monitor its effectiveness in your role as a Permit Issuer. Practical application of permits, including worksite inspection, isolation requirements and permit auditing procedures, will reinforce learning and ensure you are confident to issue and close permits in the workplace.
Note: this course is based on generic Safety 'n Action permits. If contracting to Fonterra it is recommended that you book onto a Permit Issuer - Safe Work Systems course.
Unit Standards - PI
Issue work site specific work permits
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Explain permit types, roles and requirements for issuing a permit
- Demonstrate the preparation requirements for issuing a permit including hazard analysis and supervisory requirements on site
- Explain and demonstrate the implementation of control systems including monitoring of and compliance to work scope
- Explain procedures for deviations in terms of change of scope, new hazards, changes in personnel and reasons for cancellation
- Explain and demonstrate the action for completion of work and procedures for closure of permit
All students are required to have a level of written and oral English equivalent to NCEA level 1 (year 11) or IELTS 5.5 or higher, to be eligible to attend our courses. The person responsible for making bookings or authorising attendance on the course must agree to these Terms and Conditions prior to acceptance of their student(s) onto the course. Where a student does not meet our English language requirement a reader/writer must be supplied by the student or the person responsible for authorising the student’s attendance. The reader/writer cannot be another student attending the same course.