Do you have any questions about our Hazard and Risk Management training? View our FAQ's here
This course will give you the knowledge and skills required to effectively assess the level of risk associated with workplace hazards, enabling you to identify and prevent potential illness, injury or incidents in your workplace.
This course is suitable for any person required to identify and manage risk within the workplace regardless of industry type.
In accordance with the requirements to maintain Consent to Assess for the unit standards taught on this course, Safety ‘n Action had this course pre moderated and approved by our standard-setting body, The Skills Organisation.
Apply health and safety risk assessment to a job role
Demonstrate knowledge of workplace health and safety requirements
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the rights and responsibilities for workplace health and safety according to the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
- Explain the legislative requirements for risk management in the workplace
- Apply the risk management cycle within your workplace to: identify hazards, assess risks, control the risks, monitor controls and review for continuous improvement
- Complete any necessary documentation associated with managing risk in the workplace
- Describe methods used to determine the effectiveness of controls such as audits, statistical analysis, accident and incident registers
All students are required to have a level of written and oral English equivalent to NCEA level 1 (year 11) or IELTS 5.5 or higher, to be eligible to attend our courses. The person responsible for making bookings or authorising attendance on the course must agree to these Terms and Conditions prior to acceptance of their student(s) onto the course. Where a student does not meet our English language requirement a reader/writer must be supplied by the student or the person responsible for authorising the student’s attendance. The reader/writer cannot be another student attending the same course.